Community Training now available!
Online training is now available for students with disability, their families and advocates.
The training will be practical and interactive, and it will focus on:
- Your rights
- How to build a good relationship your school or education provider
- Communication tips
- How to deal with issues if they arise.
More dates coming soon. If none of these dates work for you, register your interest in future sessions – click here.
Contact us if you have any questions.
What is this project all about?
ACDL has been funded by the Department of Social Services (DSS) through their Information Linkages & Capacity Building (ILC) programme to make it easier for students with disability to stay in mainstream education and reach their full potential.
We have created a detailed toolkit so that students and families can understand their rights, and advocate more effectively for reasonable adjustments.
Our Education Toolkit has been designed to:
- Assist students with a range of disabilities to access an equitable and inclusive education
- Build capacity and empower families and students with disability to advocate from a position of knowledge and strength for reasonable adjustments
- Preserve relationships between families and schools, and avoid stressful and lengthy formal complaint mechanisms being invoked
- Optimise the legal position of students and families if self-advocacy fails, and formal complaints are later required.
Click here to download your copy of the toolkit ‘Learning together – tools to help you get the support you need at school’.
Other resources coming soon include:
- Accessible versions – we are currently adapting the toolkit into a range of different accessible formats
- Community languages – the toolkit will be available in other languages from 2022.
Tell us what you think!
Click here to give us your feedback about the toolkit ‘Learning together – tools to help you get the support you need at school’.
Interested in receiving updates, or want to know when accessible versions are available?
Click here to register your details.